Sunday, December 16, 2007

And Christmas creeps a little closer...

I am putting the last layers of finish on 24 wooden boxes and I can honestly say that it will be a relief when they are done, filled and wrapped. Money and Christmas are often not very friendly and so my crafting instincts usually take over. This year the lead time was cut short when I lost the use of my left arm in November. A frozen rib gave me much the same symptoms of rotator cuff tendonitis (wow, is that painful!) and until a kindly physiotherapist put it back in place I was in pretty bad shape. Three valuable crafting weeks down the tube as the shoulder recovered but I am pretty close to having caught up. I won't be making quite so many gifts and some friends will be getting boxes made in January but hey, that is what Christmas is all about.

No comments: